BlueSciCon Episode 36: Winter-Safe Deterrence
Dr. Seth Baum & Kathryn McLaughlin
Beverage: Yuengling (United States – Pennsylvania)
Listen: [mp3 download]
Questions to consider:
- What would be the consequences of a global nuclear winter?
- How significant is the threat of nuclear winter today?
- Is deterrence the primary motivation for states to acquire nuclear weapons?
- Can we achieve deterrence while eliminating the risk of nuclear winter?
- Are biological weapons a viable alternative, or do they carry too many unknown risks to serve as a winter-safe deterrent?
[ca_audio url=”http://beerwith.bmsis.org/BlueSciCon_36_MAR2015.mp3″ width=”500″ height=”27″ css_class=”codeart-google-mp3-player”]