Visiting Scholars at BMSIS are individuals who are serving in volunteer positions supervised by a Research Scientist. To be eligible, Visiting Scholars must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Completed a graduate degree (such as a MS, MA, or PhD) or a professional degree (such as a JD, MD, or MBA) program
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate degree (such as a MS, MA, or PhD) or a professional degree (such as a JD, MD, or MBA) program
- Graduated from the BMSIS Young Scientist Program
If you meet these criteria, then you may apply to join BMSIS as a Visiting Scholar by following the steps below:
- Please develop your project idea as best you can using this template.
- Contact a BMSIS Research Scientist listed at bmsis.org/people with your project idea. (Please be respectful if a scientist is unable or uninterested in working together.)
- Discuss your project idea in consultation with your BMSIS Research Scientist advisor.
- If your Research Scientist advisor agrees to supervise your project, then you will receive an email invitation to join the Visiting Scholar Program.
- Visiting Scholar positions are one-year appointments that may be renewed by agreement between you and your advisor. Renewing your Visiting Scholar position may require you to develop a new project description.
If you are currently in an undergraduate degree program (such as a BS or BA), or if you have not yet started a graduate degree program (such as a MS, MA, or PhD), then you may be eligible for the BMSIS Young Scientist Program. Visit bmsis.org/ysp for details.
If you are an active research scientist and are seeking to join BMSIS as an affiliate, then visit bmsis.org/join for more information.