BlueSciCon Episode 40: Astrobiology with Cosmic Rays
Dr. Dimitra Atri
Listen: [mp3 download]
Questions to consider:
- What organisms on Earth can survive solely on non-solar sources of energy?
- What sources of high-energy radiation could provide habitable conditions to subsurface environments?
- Could galactic cosmic rays power life beneath thick sheets of ice or deep oceans?
- What regions in the Solar System are the most likely to have increased habitability from galactic cosmic rays?
- How would this additional habitability mechanism direct the remote search for life in the universe?
[ca_audio url=”http://beerwith.bmsis.org/BlueSciCon_40_JUL2015.mp3″ width=”500″ height=”27″ css_class=”codeart-google-mp3-player”]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download