Thank you for your interest in joining the Blue Marble Space Institute of Science.
We are actively recruiting motivated, talented, and outgoing scholars passionate about the ideas and concepts related to our mission and the vision of Blue Marble Space. BMSIS does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), sex, age, or disability.
- An independent scholar seeking a primary affiliation and academic community
- A scholar with an existing institution who is seeking a secondary affiliation to engage with our community
- See this document for a list of Expectations for BMSIS Research Scientists
- Candidates must submit an application through our online portal.
- We will require two letters of recommendation that comment on your commitment to both scientific excellence and community engagement. Letters can be submitted through the application portal or can be mailed from your recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One letter must be from a current BMSIS scientist
- The other letter can be from a colleague or mentor not affiliated with BMSIS
- Candidates with existing projects that would benefit from our 501(c)(3) non-profit status are particularly encouraged to apply
- Application materials will be distributed to the BMSIS Review Committee (composed of select BMSIS scientists)
- Successful candidates will be invited to interview with the organization. Upon successful acceptance into the institution, a candidate may then become an Affiliate Research Scientist with BMSIS.